Now available as a video!
Our most popular class is now available on video!
Over the years, we've taught a lot of classes and workshops -- at conferences, by webinar, and in law firm conference rooms. None has been more popular with litigation support professionals than this one:
Jane Gennarelli's seminar on how to market your litigation support department inside your own law firm.
"Amazing, thank you!" -- Webinar attendee
To make it more widely available, we've captured the presentation on video.
Real help with a real problem
Attendees tell us that this class is popular because it gives them real help with a real problem -- a problem that few litigation support managers are trained to address:
What if you've got a terrific litigation support department, but it's under-utilized by your firm's litigators?
Your litigation support department offers invaluable services to the attorneys in your firm. All too often, though, litigation support departments are under-utilized because attorneys don't recognize opportunities to use a department's services.
You need to educate the litigators in your firm about the services you provide, the value of those services, when to recognize a need for your services, and how to get your department involved in a case.
You need to market your litigation support department within your own firm.
For many litigation support professionals, this is easier said than done. Where do you start?
This video tutorial will get you moving in the right direction.
This tutorial will educate you about marketing principles, techniques and mechanisms that work in a law firm. It will walk you through developing a marketing plan for your department. And it includes several tools that you can use in your marketing activities.
"This was great information!" -- Webinar attendee
Here are some of the things you'll learn
We understand -- you didn't get into this business to become a marketing executive. But like it or not, you're marketing every day, in every contact you've got with your firm's litigators and paralegals.
So the real question is: Are you doing a good job?
This video workshop is aimed at giving you the tools you need to effectively market your department.
- You'll learn some basic mind-set principles that will turn every interaction with your litigators into positive marketing. You'll learn how to adopt these principles so you are effectively marketing all the time.
- You'll learn techniques and mechanisms for getting new customers -- techniques that work in a law firm environment.
- You'll learn how to develop and deliver a a presentation that will be an effective marketing vehicle.
- You'll learn how to quickly and easily generate a newsletter that will keep your services in the minds of attorneys in the firm.
- You'll learn how to develop effective descriptions of your services so you can distribute printed materials to the attorneys in your firm. The workshop materials even include sample descriptions that you can use as a guide, or use "as is" if they are a good fit with your department.
- You'll learn techniques for marketing one-on-one to individual attorneys.
- You'll learn how to identify the "type" of buyer you are talking to and how to adjust your approach.
- You'll learn how to deal with commonly raised objections.
- You'll learn how to get the "first project" with a new client.
- You'll learn easy, "every-day" marketing tasks and techniques that you can incorporate in your day-to-day work right away.
- You'll learn how to develop a marketing plan that will be a good fit for your department and a good fit for your firm. There's a separate video presentation that walks through developing a marketing plan, and there's a marketing plan workbook you can use to document your plan.
"I made Jane's suggestions my bible." -- Webinar attendee
Here's what we've included
Video 1: Marketing Tutorial
This video covers marketing principles, techniques and mechanisms that will work in a law firm environment.
It's aimed at law firm litigation support professionals at all levels -- even those who are not directly responsible for marketing the department's services.
Everyone in a litigation support department who has contact with the firm's attorneys and paralegals is marketing -- either positively or negatively. This tutorial will show you how to make all of those interactions positive
Among other things, It will show you how to turn presentations into effective marketing vehicles, how to easily generate effective newsletters, how to use resources in the firm to your advantage, and how to effectively demonstrate to attorneys the value you bring to their practice.
Video 1 Specifications
Duration: 1 hour 1 minute 26 seconds. Dimensions: 800x600. File size: 250.7 MB.
File type: Quicktime video. Requires Quicktime viewer or iTunes.
Video 2: Developing a Marketing Plan
Our first video tells you what you need to know about marketing. This second video pulls that information together and walks you through the development of a marketing plan.
In this video, you will identify some well-defined, concrete, and results-oriented steps for moving forward.
The video will walk you through those steps: defining what you have to offer, identifying what the litigators and paralegals in your firm need, and determining how your offerings are solutions to their problems. It will guide you through the preparation of a plan of action, a schedule, and a budget for your marketing activities.
Once you've completed the exercises in Video 2, you'll have a marketing plan for moving forward.
Video 2 Specifications
Duration: 20 minutes 52 seconds. Dimensions: 800x600. File size: 82.5 MB.
File type: Quicktime video. Requires Quicktime viewer or iTunes.
Materials: Workshop Documents
To get your marketing efforts off to a good start, we've even included some tools you can use as you move forward with your marketing activities.
We've provided sample descriptions of services typically offered by a litigation support department. You can use these samples as a guide for developing your own service descriptions; or, if they're a good fit with what your department offers, you can even use them "as is".
We've provided a sample newsletter that you can use as a guide for developing your own. We've provided interview questions that you can use to collect information about the needs of the litigators in your firm. We've provided a checklist of easy, every-day marketing tasks that you can incorporate into what you do every day.
And we've provided a marketing plan workbook to make it easy to document a plan that will be a good fit for your department.
Workshop Materials Specifications
Total size: 3.3 MB
File Types: PDF and Microsoft Word documents